About Me

My photo
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Animation graduate, musician, songwriter of sorts.

Wednesday 2 July 2008

Cakes.

So I thought I should perhaps kick off with a list of the various foodstuffs acquired while busking. I don't know what it is about me that makes people want to give me food. I'm not particularly skinny, and I like to think that I at least dress well enough that people don't assume that I'm homeless and therefore starving. Of course, it could simply be that people feel like giving me something more original than the usual pound coin or coppers, or, in one particular case, they simply had one too many cakes.

Alright, so it wasn't technically a cake, but it was a Greggs' fudge doughnut, which is even better.

Food - or drink is this particular case - is also given sympathetically. I once got royally drenched in St. Andrews, busking opposite a Pizza Express. The manager took pity on me, and made me coffee. On the flipside, I was busking in Dundee in blistering heat - they don't lie when they say it's the sunniest city in Scotland - heat so intense it was causing amnesia, particularly when it came to remembering any lyrics. This time it was a Starbucks worker who recognised the urgency of my situation, and quickly saw to my needs with shots of iced cappucino.

The same was also true of the smoothie donated to me by the manager of Juicylicious in St. Andrews, shortly after I had an unfavourable run-in with a policeman who didn't seem to understand that I'd already asked his force permission to busk. An enormous Very Berry smoothie calmed me down nicely.

So far that's my total food tally. Who knows what might come next? Subways? Ice cream? Yes please.

Till next time.

Sarah.

No comments: